- 8 ozs cream cheese, softened (I use fat free)
- 2 cans of 12 oz. chicken drained or 4 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper (I have used orange, red or yellow peppers as substitutes when I didn't have green on hand)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 4 Tbsps margarine, melted (I use reduced fat)
- 1/4 cup chives
- 2 Tbsps milk (I use skim milk)
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 tubes of refrigerated crescent rolls dough (I use reduced fat crescent roll dough)
- a little bit of melted margarine
- small amount of seasoning salt
- In a bowl, hand mix cream cheese, margarine, milk, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Stir in chicken, chives, pepper, onion and parmesan cheese.
- Unroll each crescent roll dough one at a time and separate into a rectangle.
- Each roll of dough will make 4; so you will have 16 bundles when you are done.
- Press perforations together.
- Spoon approximately 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto center of each rectangle.
- Bring edges up to center and pinch to seal or you can also fold points together and "bundle" the chicken mixture up.
- Brush each bundle with margarine and sprinkle top with seasoning salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- You will need to look at make sure it's not doughy inside. Sometimes the outside turns brown and the inside isn't quite done yet. It will be very golden brown.
I have used Grands Flaky Biscuits when I didn't have enough Crescent Rolls on hand. I flattened the rounds with my hands and then put the chicken mixture in the middle and folded the biscuit over. I pinched the seals shut and baked the same way. They come out delicious also.
Serving Size: 16 servings
the following is with reduced fat products and also skim milk: